I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've written. Between family, and a very demanding and time consuming job, I've been exhausted.
But, today is my birthday, and i wanted to MAKE TIME to write!
It has been a very busy time these past few months- and I don't believe I've really written much since Papere passed away. Today, I just wanted to write a few things for which i was thankful, as I didn't get to do so on Thanksgiving.
1. My amazing, godly, virtuous and handsome husband- who is a perfect model of St. Joseph and puts up with my shenanigans. :)
2. My "little" Joseph, who just celebrated his first year of life in October! It's amazing to me that time moves so quickly.
3. My family.
4. The infamous Charlie- who, despite his yowling, is always ready to cuddle.
5. My sister's cat Gabriel. He's the sweetest cat alive.
7. My job. I've been so blessed that ever since I've graduated from college, I've had a Catholic job. I'm also blessed that I can go into the Church whenever I please because it's less than five steps away from my office.
8. That my parents are allowing us to stay in their house until my husband is hired and we find our own place.
9. That I taught myself how to cook. :)
10. In the same vein, I'm abundantly thankful for The Food Network.
12. Literature, poetry and writing.
13. Learning how to give myself a French Manicure.
14. Mother Teresa. I've been reading a book by her for some time- (and I can never, ever remember the title..) but I'm continually moved by how she served the "poorest of the poor," and acknowledges that those who are lonely and have no one to love them are the poorest of all. This has touched my heart and I try to remember this on a daily basis.
15. The gift of my life- thanks to Mom and Dad for being pro-life! They prayed for ten years to have me, and I was to be born on Christmas Day, but was born a month early instead. What a blessing to be wanted. So many children in today's society aren't seen for the gift that they are.
16. That (despite my objections) God is teaching me flexibility (I have a feeling this will be an ongoing process) and patience.
17. The wonderful priests at my Church, particularly Fr. E, who is the most optimistic person I have ever met- and is SO very happy with his vocation! He will be a blessing to many.
18. For Vermont. Though I must admit, I miss Texas and it's warmth and hospitality so much!
19. My hair. After I was married, I cut off my hair. I highlighted my hair. I dyed my hair. I'm thankful that I've left it alone and it is NATURAL again, and that I'm growing it out- I've missed it!
20. My sister, Amanda and my grandfather, Papere, who are interceding for me continually and will be there to meet me should I make it to Heaven. I'm blessed to have two saints praying for me.