Pieces of Heaven

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Priest Forever

This past feast of Corpus Christi was incredibly beautiful. An old high school friend of mine was ordained to the priesthood! Although I wasn't able to make it to the Mass of Ordination, (my husband was at an interview and I had Joseph) I was able to go to his First Mass of Thanksgiving yesterday. Wow.

Anyway, I came across the following prayer that I thought was appropriate for the occasion. Enjoy! Hoping to post more soon.

Prayer of St. Francis de Sales

Lord, I am yours, and I must belong to no one but you.
My soul is yours, and must live only by you.
My will is yours, and must love only for you.
I must love you as my first cause, since I am from you.
I must love you as my end and rest, since I am for you.
I must love you more than my own being, since my being subsists by you.
I must love you more than myself, since I am all yours and all in you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment