Pieces of Heaven

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Thankfulness List and a Toddlerese Translation

I don't have too much time to blog right now, but I DID want to include a list of things I'm thankful for:

1. My husband got a job! YAY! I'm happy for him, and I feel like a weight has been lifted, especially since I am now on (unpaid) maternity leave.

2. Even though he is at the Academy, his instructors will let him be with me when I'm in labor.

3. I'm on maternity leave- I've found two people to act as my replacements during leave, and I found my entire Catechetical staff or the upcoming year, except for one teacher. I'm praying for this.

4. Even though I had a "false alarm" on Sunday morning which ended with the doctor hinting that I might want to consider induction (?!?) I am relieved to know that the hospital has such a nice staff. The English nurse that came in to tend to me was particularly gracious to me and to my husband.

5. Joseph has had a Verbal Explosion! All of the sudden, he has begun to try and talk. Some of his words are:

Dada
Mama
Gaga (for Grandma and Grandpa)
Joo (juice)
NO*
Mil (milk)
Botta (bottle)
Poo (self-explanatory)
Mow (rhymes with cow- this is for Mickey Mouse)
Yo-Ho (when he watches Jake and the Neverland Pirates)
Shew (shoe)
Ha (hat)
Hewo (hello)
Idunno (I don't know)
Wadidudo (What did you do?)
GO!
Ca (Car)
JeeJee (Jesus)
Peas (Please)
Gedow (Get down!)
Bebe (baby)
La (light)

It seems like he has just begun to chatter overnight! In regards to No- he began to say that about three weeks ago (and includes vigorous head shaking or whining while doing so). The first time he said it, I had asked him: "Joseph, where's the baby?" to we he began whimpering and said, "NO!" I hope this is not a foreshadowing of things to come! But in any case, deciphering "toddlerese" is very challenging- and he gets frustrated when he's not understood. Poor JoeJoe!

6. Finally, I'm SO thankful that with each of my pregnancies, I've had access to a swimming pool- it's a GLORIOUS feeling to feel weightless when you're nine months pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment