Pieces of Heaven

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Changes and Toddler Talk

So...I think we are applying for an apartment.

We found an apartment (although I would consider it to be more of a duplex) that seems like it might be a good fit for our needs (for the time being...).
It is more than I would like to pay for housing that is temporary, but the apartments that are in the lower price range are in bad neighborhoods and definitely NOT places where I want to have my children.

I have mixed feelings with going forward with the application process. I WANT to leave my parents' house, but I wonder if it is a prudent thing to do financially. Still weighing the pros and cons. We also just found out that we need a new car because our transmission is "sliding." With DH's commute, we definitely need to do this, but we also need to take winter tires in consideration.

Work has been a struggle. My heart isn't in it anymore. I wish it were. It would certainly make other burdens at the workplace seem lighter. I feel apathetic about some things, broken about others. Nonetheless, I hope that God can use me- as broken as I am.

Onto happier things-- David was baptized! It was beautiful, and so was he. I call David my "smiley baby." Even last week, when he and Joseph both had horrible colds and were coughing and sneezing, he was still smiling! On my worst days, that smile makes it all worth it. I'm so thankful for both of my sons. Yesterday, Joseph made me smile, too:

When I was with Joseph and David in the car, I asked Joseph, "Is David your brother?"

He replied by saying, "BRUDDAR! DeeDee!" (Dee or DeeDee is what he calls David).

Then I asked him, "Joseph, where is your brother?"

He pointed again to David and said, "Right DARE!" So cute. Love it.

I'm so thankful for my husband, my kids, and my health. I'm so blessed that I have not been knocked out by this killer cold that is making its way through the house. My sister and I are the only ones who are still "healthy." And on that note, I'm going to brew a nice mug of tea before I go bid my sweet husband goodbye (he'll be waking up to go to work) and before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment