Pieces of Heaven

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Few Precious Moments-

Well, I'm up early on Sunday and I'm trying to relish the few quiet moments I will have before the rest of the house wakes up. I wanted to take the time to eat my breakfast and write down a few things I was thankful for before the chaos begins.

1. I am thankful that we DID NOT, in fact, have a tornado. We ended up having a massive thunderstorm, complete with six inches of rain within six hours, a green sky, hail, and minor basement flooding. It could have been a lot worse. There were so many people up here who lost so much due to all the flooding- many businesses that will be out of commission for a while, and many cars that are buried beneath mountains of mud. Our city has an estimated 1 million dollars in damage, but our home was blessed enough not to be hit.

2. I'm thankful that I've made it to the third trimester of this pregnancy. The baby moves around more and more each day- and it's amazing.

3. Even though it's been difficult, I am thankful for my job- it's sustaining my family, and causing me to grow in ways I wouldn't have imagined.

4. I'm thankful for creemees! It was so excited to buy Joseph his first creemee of the season. We bought him a small twist (vanilla and chocolate) and had it put in a little cup for him- and he LOVED it. Needless to say, it ended up all over his face and new outfit, but he was so cute!

5. I'm thankful for my understanding husband. This third trimester has knocked me down as far as fatigue goes- and many days I feel like I've begun the first trimester all over again. It's nice to know I don't have to feel 'guilty' about
taking a nap, if needed.

6. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to buy a book yesterday- "Three Cups of Tea," that I've been meaning to read for some time now. I'm also thankful that the next book on my list is "The Simalillion." (sp?) I've read it before, but it's been so long I honestly can't remember much about it.

7. I'm thankful that I ordered the CUTEST counted cross stitch birth announcement yesterday to work on before the baby arrives. I had wanted to make one for Joseph, and I never was able to do so- (one of my dear friends did, though- and it's very cute.) So, I really wanted to make this one. It has jungle animals on it and I think it will be fun.

Prayer Intentions:

1. For my husband's job search.
2. That I find a good replacement during my maternity leave- (the replacement I had lined up fell through...I was disappointed because this person would have been fabulous.)
3. A special intention.
4. My family and Fred's family.
6. That Joseph will begin sleeping through the night- (PLEASE!)
7. For friends- especially the newly engaged and newly expecting.
8. For my cousin, who just found out she can't have any more children.
9. That (hopefully) Fred and I will find our own place, soon.
10. For an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment