Pieces of Heaven

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why I Don't Tell (Most) People I Blog

For a while now, I've had several people ask me to start a blog.

"It would be a great way to keep up with your family!"

"You have a knack for writing!"

"You should keep up with your poetry and create a blog for it!"

Well, I guess the reason I don't tell (most) people I have a blog is because I don't want to deal with keeping up with it- (something that is NOT easy for a working mom with two kids)- and because there are certain things that I write about that not EVERYONE needs to know.

I am also not a master chef, crafty person, super mom (though I must say I try!), and I don't usually have great "pearls of wisdom." Nope. It's just me, rambling- trying to get rid of my thoughts so I can move forward.

Plus...if I saw I was being "followed" by 345 people, I may get kind of creeped out.

At this point in my life, when I blog it's not for any particular audience- it's for whoever stumbles upon it- and they can "eavesdrop" on my inner musings. I suppose all this could be remedied with keeping a regular, handwritten journal- which I used to do all the time- but for now, I like this medium- and it's nice to occasionally receive some feedback from a handful of people.

Maybe one day, when the kids are more self sufficient and I have more time on my hands, I will write down my stories and poetry- advertise it for people to read and hope that I have a trail of people "following" me...but for now- I am happy in my own little corner where I can write freely.

1 comment: