Pieces of Heaven

Friday, January 27, 2012

Warning: Sappy Post

I am always SO eager for my day off from work so I can see my husband when he returns home from work in the morning. The nights without him are very long with David waking up, and Charlie (the cat) is not very comforting to share a bed with. (This cat is AT LEAST 20 lbs. and tries getting asclosetomeaspossible!)

It's been a very difficult 6 months, not having my husband home when I'm home- and I PINE for him. I wake up at night and realize he's not there. I can't wait to hug him and to kiss him good morning...and on the days I work- I count the minutes until the end of the day so I can see him.

I feel like the woman in the Song of Songs- with eyes only for her Beloved.

Right now, the weather is horrible- it is snowing and raining and it is cold. Schools have been cancelled and plows have been up and down the road since 5:30 AM. David is napping now, and Joseph is putting away his toys and watching Mickey Mouse.

And me? I'm smiling and getting ready for a second cup of coffee- my love just called and is on his way home. I'll get to see him for a few precious minutes before he goes to sleep, and then I'll wake him up for dinner this evening.

Early on in college, I can remember thinking that it must be difficult to stay married- for how can one love another person for SUCH a long time? However, after almost 6 years of marriage, I'm beginning to understand, because I love my husband more everyday- and when I look at my children and see him IN them, it makes me love him even more.

Not that he's perfect- we all have our imperfections. He does things that drive me crazy sometimes- (as I know I drive him crazy sometimes, too!) But- he is a good and humble man and he pursues my heart. He loves me despite (and perhaps because of) my imperfections. He supports me and makes me want to be the best wife and mother I can be. My children and I are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment