Pieces of Heaven

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fr. Mike

One of the most amazing priests from my alma mater is about to retire in June. While I was shocked at the news, it made me reflect on how much he has helped me to grow closer to Christ, for which I am eternally grateful.

Fr. Mike was my spiritual director during my senior year- and I credit the success of my year to him. He encouraged me to pursue teaching (while I was trying to discern whether or not to go to graduate school and whether or not to be a missionary), prayed for and with me, and SHOWED me that God truly loved me as his daughter. I had never understood the fatherly love that God had for me until I met him. (And of course, I still don't fully understand- but my soul senses it!)

The last time I heard from Fr. Mike was three years ago- a personal phone call when my sister passed away. I was always touched that he did that- especially with such a demanding schedule- and especially since he ministered to so many students.

Thank you, Jesus for the gift of a priest who truly loves you and loves his vocation. I really do think that those who embrace what God wants for them become, "...a pencil in the hand of God, writing his love letter to the world..." -Mother Teresa.

I am also thankful that today is Friday-

That yesterday I had the chance to play with Joseph outside.

That my volunteers are so resilient- especially C.

That my husband wore a suit to the job fair- he was so handsome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment