Pieces of Heaven

Friday, April 16, 2010

Golden Lines: Mother Angelica

Occasionally, I will be posting what I call "golden lines" in this blog. When I was teaching, I would often encourage the students to highlight or copy down lines from the literature we were studying that pertained to the novel's theme, or to copy down lines that particularly inspired them.

I was browsing through Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons today, and this line not only struck me, but gave me a good chuckle.

If you're experiencing stress or tension give it to Jesus. Tell Him, "I feel like crawling the wall, but I love You and I want to give this to You." Do you think our Lord wasn't tense living with those twelve screwball apostles? p. 127

This one struck me as well:

On Perfectionism

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. p. 125

Wow. Great things to bring to prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment