Pieces of Heaven

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Wake Up Call and Thankfulness

So this morning at approximately 5:50 AM I heard the "pitter patter" of Joseph's footsteps approaching my bedroom. Fred was at work, and I was going to do my best to convince Joseph to crawl in bed with me so I could sleep for 10 more minutes. At least, that was my plan.

I felt a little hand tap me on the shoulder.

"Mom-Mom?"

"Yes, honey, what is it?"

"Dere's poo in dere."

At this point I was wide awake. There's poo in WHERE?!

Sitting upright, I looked at him. He was clad in his Mickey Mouse pajamas, hair sticking out everywhere, and looking at me expectantly.

"Where's the poo?!"

"Poo's in DERE." He grabbed his bottom- indicating a dirty diaper- followed by, "Mom-Mom, MOVE. Want nana. (banana)"

I'm still not sure how we made it from poo to wanting a banana- but I am THANKFUL I woke up to Joseph talking to me instead of crying in his room!

I'm also thankful for:

1. School being closed- I like working when the kids are gone.
2. My husband!
3. The teens who read at Stations of the Cross- they were great.
4. An okay day at work.
5. That my husband starts FIRST SHIFT on Easter! I'm so happy about this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment